Nightingale Nursing College is aptly named after Florence Nightingale, “The Lady with the Lamp”, who is well-known for her pioneering work in nursing. The Nightingale Nursing College has been founded to meet the pressing need for qualified middle level health workers in the country. On the global scale, nursing work force demand is not less. Considering this, the Nightingale Nursing College is committed to developing socially responsible and competent nursing work force so that they can be employed not only in Nepal but also in other countries. The need of the hour is to produce adequate number of middle level nursing workforce. They are necessary for providing quality health care delivery system. Thus students are made to practise their clinical in some major hospitals of the country like Bir Hospital, Kanti Children’s Hospital and Paropkar Maternity & Women’s Hospital. Teaching/learning activities are coordinated by programme coordinator under the supervision of Principal with the participation of all the faculty members.
So far, 240 nurses have successfully completed their courses from this college and passed out to be emplyed in various hospitals located not only in Nepal but also overseas.
Our vision is to deliver quality education in heath sector. We believe that the quality health resource in the health sector will certainly contribute to the people in need of the rural areas. We impart the knowledge skills to our students who will be able to face the emerging challenges in health sectors.
Strengthen the human resource development of Nepal by producing competent middle level health resource equipped with the sufficient potentialities required to manage the broad areas of health service.
- Prepare the students with holistic knowledge and skills in the field of nursing through excellent teaching who can serve to the culturally diverse society.
- Develop the practical skill of the students through sufficient learning experience in the related field.
- Enrich the capability of students through the application of advance information technology.
- Develop the leadership capabilities of students through excellent theoretical and practical learning experience to enhance the quality of service delivery in the sector of health.
- Develop student’s ability in conducting basic nursing research thereby improving the quality of care.
- Provide culturally diverse opportunities for students and faculty.
- Renowned Faculties n Fundamental Lab
- OHP Presentation n Midwifery Lab
- Audio-Visual Teaching n Community Lab
- E-library n Basic Science Lab
- Hostel Facilities
- Transportation Facilities
- Field Visits
- Cultural Programs
- Computer Lab with Unlimited Internet Access
- Extra-curricular Activities
CLINICAL PRACTICE AREAS:
We ensure maximum clinical exposure to our students. For smooth and effective clinical practice, we have following major hospitals and centers:
- Bir Hospital
- Kanti Children’s Hospital
- Paropkar Maternity & Women’s Hospital
- Mental Hospital
- Nepal Eye Hospital
Different DPHOs, PHCs, Health Posts, SHPs and Communities of Kathmandu Valley.
OVERVIEW OF THE RESULTS :
Within 9 years of establishment, Nightingale Nursing College has been able to create a milesone in the academic achievements. 240 students have attended the final exams from our college out of which, 90 % students passed with distinction and the rest in first division. We feel proud to reiterate the fact that we have delivered 100 %.
Hearty congratulations to Ms. Anu Kumal on topping CTEVT-2074/2075 in Diploma & PCL program of Health section of CTEVT all over Nepal.